Friday 19 April 2013

Hello Blogging World.

Welcome to my life! After gathering a zillion photos of things that I have made over the past couple of months I have decided that it is about time that I use them for something productive. So hey presto I'm starting this blog.

I wouldn't say that I have a particular talent in anything that I do but I am willing to give just about anything a try. As my mum has said so often I never start with the simple. Frankly I don't see the point. If you are going to learn a new skill/arty craft then every technique you need will be a learning process. So whether its a Victoria sponge or a three cake ski and rock climbing themed birthday cake for your dads 60th birthday you still learn something new.
Why not learn everything at the same time?

So a little about be, as an engineer I work in a very male dominated world. However, despite being surrounded by so much testosterone I have found myself increasingly getting swept away in the current girly craze of knitting, baking and sewing. I can frequently be found in the office kitchen knitting up a storm with the other ladies much to the dismay of many of our colleagues. Working the bog standard 8.30am to 6pm every day means that I use every second of my evenings to their full potential. With the seemingly never ending need for people to contribute to charity bake sales this often has me baking into the wee hours.

As a beginner knitter, baker and very recently added sewer (after receiving my first ever sewing machine for my birthday at the beginning of the year) I hope that if you stumble across this little blog you enjoy seeing what I make. I would also appreciate constructive feedback if there is anything you can add to help me on my way.

Thanks and enjoy! X

No comments:

Post a Comment